Humans are Superior
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans are Superior

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alvia Invasion

Go down 
+2
Ranger24
RedShirt047
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

Alvia Invasion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Terradore's forces advance into the northern half of the Eques valley, speeding towards the River Forthic and the Eagle's Bridge.
Back to top Go down
dirtytheseal
dirtytheseal

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Dope Militia forces, now reinforced by regulars, push towards the Rider's bridge
(should I blow it, capture it or cross it?)

Dope Cataphracts (elite hourse mounted infantry) move to the guardian bridge to assist.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:00 pm

dirtytheseal wrote:
Dope Militia forces, now reinforced by regulars, push towards the Rider's bridge
(should I blow it, capture it or cross it?)

Dope Cataphracts (elite hourse mounted infantry) move to the guardian bridge to assist.

(Get across the river, you won't be able to hold the bridge and destroying it at this point would be suicide for your men. Guardian Bridge was destroyed to slow the advance, I think you mean Eagle's bridge sorry for some many bridges but there are quite a few rivers.)
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:30 pm

The second day of conflict ends with Alvia still in dire straights.  While help has at last come with the defenses at Rider's bridge gone and Orbital Battle Stations ready to rain fire upon the country everything depends upon the next days battle as Terradore's heavy armor advances towards the Eagle's bridge.   Word has spread that the King himself will soon arrive at the Eagle's bridge to take direct command of the forces there.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:54 am

Terradorian Forces advance towards the Eagle's Bridge reinforced by an additional five Legions from Terradore, increasing the ground forces by fifty thousand men. Despite sniper, light armor, and air attacks the main force remains intact. Further east the forces delayed by the destruction of the Guardian Bridge are reinforced by the occupation troops from Toriste. The Terradorian fleet has regrouped at Domino and is preparing for a final strike on Sunport and Celeste. To the west the Terradorian troops heading for the Wald reach the river Maid flow but are turned back by heavy resistance. They have pulled back for the moment and await reinforcements.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 am

It was still very early in the morning when the King donned his body armor.  He had not slept much in the last two days, not since the opening volleys of the war had been fired.  Through most of the night he had traveled briefly stopping at Issac's Tower the ancestral home of his family to see his wife, mother, and his younger brother.   It struck him now that he might very well not live to see his still unborn child enter the world.

When he finished equipping himself he stepped out off his tent flanked by the members of the seven swords.  The bulk of the royal guard had accompanied him for this, about five hundred warriors each one dressed in advanced armor designed to mimic the armor worn by their ancestors who had first sworn themselves to Issac's service.

The Allied encampment around the Eagle's bridge was massive but was still well ordered.  Field Hospitals and artillery were located primarily on the northern side of the river while lines of thick entrenchments,  machine gun nests, and a massive mine field sprawled out in a fan from the southern end of the bridge.  All of it ready for battle.  

Nearly sixty thousand Alvian Troops were present, veterans of action in the North and the Heartlands, not to mention fights with the NSF and Faustin Land.  Added to that were thirty thousand Stjerne marines and thirty five thousand Grustan soldiers.  No word had yet come of Dopeswaggistan's forces.

He walked to the command post set on a hill just north of the northern end of the bridge.  The cool morning air of the Clan lands even in late August were a bit nippy early in the morning.  A light fog lay about the hills and moors to the north and to the south.   Visibility would be limited which compounded the issue of radar and satellite detection systems still being compromised.   Stjerne technicians were working around the clock to correct that.

He arrived at the command post to find the war council already gathered.  Aside from the Lord General and the Daimyo of the Royal Guard there was General Maxwell of the Stjerne Marines, Ranger General Ardon Weavestar, and the Lord General of Grustan's forces.  

"Gentlemen," he said by way of greeting as they bowed to him.  "Any word of Dopeswaggistan's forces?"

"None your majesty," the Lord General replied.  

"We've been harassing the enemy advance all night with sniper attacks, light armor, and air strikes," the Ranger General replied.  "Last count still put their total forces at nearly fifty percent more than ours and double our number of tanks.  We do however have superior air forces."

"Very well," the King replied.   "How long do we have?"

"Maybe two hours a best," the Lord General answered. "One at worst."

The King nodded.

"General Maxwell," he said.  "Do you know why the bridge is called the Eagle's bridge?"

"No," General Maxwell replied truthfully.

"Hundreds of years ago the Redweaver's briefly ruled Alvia as all but a province of Terradore.  My ancestor King Robert the second of his name was the rightful king but had been forced into hiding as a child.  As a young man he raised a rebellion and one of his greatest commanders was his cousin Ser Oswold  Webster also known as the Eagle of Ashford,"  the King explianed.  "Here Ser Oswold squared off against the forces of Ser Cadric Carmine the Golden Ox, one of the Redweaver's bannermen.  Ser Oswold held this ford for hours and decimated Ser Carmine's forces before Robert's main army arrived.  Ser Oswold however had been mortally wounded in single combat with the Golden Ox.  He lived just long enough to e relieved of his duty.  His sacrifice spurred Robert to victory in the final battles of the war and his restoration to the throne."

"A sacrifice any man or woman here would make," the Daimyo stated proudly.

"I'd prefer that the enemy make the majority of the sacrifices," the King replied.  "Preferably in vain."

"What about the Orbital battle stations?"  General Maxwell asked.

"Hopefully Operation Galaxy will neutralize them," the King answered.   "Baring that we still have the Long Shot."

"That still leaves Stjerne vulnerable though," General Maxwell pointed out.  

"If operation Galaxy fails there is still the Blaze Interceptors," the King replied.  "All of which will engage the station headed for Stjerne.  I won't have innocent people of other nations suffer for our war."

"Should you even be out here your majesty?"  The Lord General of Grustan asked.

"The Kings of Alvia have always defended our own," the King replied grimly.  "When we say Free by blood, free by steel we mean our blood."

His hand then wrapped itself around the pommel of the longsword hanging at his side.  

"And our steel," he finished.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:05 am

Right on schedule the Terradorian army arrived.   One hundred thousand Legionaries backed up by forty thousand mercenaries, ten thousand ESLF fighters, and five thousand troops of house Redweaver.  Supporting this were nearly a thousand tanks along with two thousand other assorted vehicles and seven hundred self propelled and trailer hitched pieces of artillery.  Above them hovered four hundred TAA-017 Wyvern Attack Gunships and above those beginning to circle in preparation for the attack were three hundred fighters and heavy bombers.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:06 am

Opposing them are seven hundred Alvian and Grustan tanks, along with fourteen hundred other assorted vehicles and seven hundred pieces of self propelled and trailer hitched pieces of artillery. Nearly twice as many Alvian, Stjerne, and Grustan Helicopters are in the air as the Terradorian forces have and above them five hundred fighters, bombers and attack craft. One hundred twenty five thousand Allied troops have been mustered to hold the bridge producing a near parity in forces with neither side moving just yet.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 am

At last the Terradorian artillery begins to open up hammering the Allied positions with shells and rockets. With a great roar the tanks, other vehicle, and infantry surge towards the Allied defenses. Above the Terradorian air force moves to engage with heavy bombers opening their bomb bay doors and and gunships swooping in for the kill.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 am

The First lines of the Terradorian advance hit the mine field killing or wounding hundreds and disabling numerous vehicles. Allied artillery and machine guns return fire while tanks and infantry add their own shots to the fighting. Allied aircraft clash with the enemy in deadly dog fights as anti-aircraft fire fills the sky along with the screaming of the dead, the dying, and the wounded.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:23 pm

(( Sounds like you guys are having a hella time ))
Back to top Go down
https://nshas.forumotion.com
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:50 pm

((Aye, he is.))

The Lord Marshal watches the projected map of the region, included a nation that had recently fallen into anarchy further to the north. Marking that down for future reference, he turned his attention to a notification from the Alvian King, imploring the militaristic UNR for aid.

Seeing the state that Alvia was currently in, he decided to divert two squads of "Elementals," heavily armed and armored powered battlesuits, to be under the command of King Andrew for the duration of the war.

(("Elementals" have a heavy machine gun as the right forearm, a mortar on the left shoulder, and a massive claw in the place of the left arm, which is used to tear heavily armored opponents to shreds. Each suit is piloted by one soldier, and stands at three metres in height. Each is covered by enough armor to deflect shrapnel and most gun calibres, save for anti-materiel, and is vacuum-rated.))
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Terradorian heavy armor shrugs off the worst of the fire and begins inflicting serious losses on the defenders. Infantry swarms into the defensive lines closing to hand to hand combat ranges. Shot guns, knives, rifle butts, and bayonets quickly become the dominate weapons at such ranges with grenades killing whole squads in single blast. Casualties rapidly climb as Terradorian artillery is more than willing to fire danger close. Bombs begin to fall on targets for both sides inflicting heavy losses destroying defensive positions, artillery, and vehicles.

Falling planes and helicopters becomes a serious hazard for troops on the ground as the battle in the air closes to dog fighting ranges as well. Here while Allied fighters are faster Terradorian fighters are more heavily armed and armored. Aces are born and then die as planes topple from the skies. Attack helicopters duel for supremacy or strike at targets on the ground. The battle is complete chaos.

((well redshirt told me to run his forces for this one.))
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Allied forces continue to resist the Terradorian advance. Chainsaw bayonets roar and whine as they carve through flesh and bone. Anti-tank weapons are focused on Terradorian heavy armor meeting with mixed results. On the hill top King Andrew has set up a sniper rifle and is now picking off enemy troops where he can.

In the air Allied helicopters are starting to gain the edge over their Terradorian counter parts. This frees up more helicopter to attack enemy artillery and tanks. The air battle is being meet with mixed results. Alvia Warhawk fighters are highly maneuverable with superior turning abilities to Terradorian Nighthunters but they are having to nickle and dime the fighters down while a single pass by a Nighthunter will knock them out of the air.

Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Terradorian heavy armor is inflicting heavy losses compared to the Allied tanks which are mostly light and medium tanks. Terradorian Anti-air weapons teams focus on Allied Helicopters inflicting serious losses and keeping them off of the Artillery and tanks. Artillery fire begins landing in the main allied encampment inflicting some serious damage.

Terradorian Bombers in the air are meanwhile pounding Allied defensive positions. Some target field hospitals just to demoralize allied troops using napalm and other incendiary weapons. Allied fighters attempt to intercept but are tied down by Terradorian fighters.

Off the Eastern Coast, Terradorian fleets press for Sunport ready to smash the Alvian fleet that remains in the port unable to move. With them are the forces from Toriste and forces already on the ground are preparing to launch a final assault upon Sunport and Celeste, having built new bridges over the various branches of Eques near its mouth. Terradore intends to crush Alvia here and now.

Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:30 pm

On the front the Alvian Royal guard has been sent into the fray, highly skilled in melee combat they quickly grind the enemy infantry advance to a halt and free up the remaining anti-tank weapons. Mortar teams focus their fire just a head of the Allied trenches to slow the flow of enemy reinforcements and do as much damage as they can to enemy vehicles. Allied armored vehicles form up into strike teams functioning like heavy cavalry, providing much needed support to key areas rather than fight enemy tanks head on.

Allied anti-air weapons focus on the Terradorian heavy bombers striking with a vengeance knocking many from the skies. Emergency teams rush to evacuate the field Hospitals and extinguish the fires. Allied artillery focuses its fire against Terradorian Anti-air weapons.

Meanwhile off the coast the joint Alvian and Stjerne fleet heads towards Sunport hoping to arrive in time to save the city and the remaining Alvian forces there. With the fleet is a large force of Alvian and Stjerne marines ready to land and support the defenders. All depends however on getting through the Terradorian Fleet.

Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Terradore focuses its own mortars at the center of the Allied line along with heavy armor. The pressure begins building on the center steadily causing the lines to bend inwards as Allied forces are being pushed back to the bridge. Raw numbers and armor are taking the advantage in the center as the flanks slowly become cut off from the center.

Rather than support the bombers Terradore focuses on destroying enemy fighters. Many Allied fighters drop as do Allied attack craft. As a trade off, most of Terradore bombers are lost, spiraling down to earth many still with payloads crashing and exploding in and around the Allied encampment sowing chaos.

The Terradorian fleet has detected the movements of the Alvian and Stjerne fleets and now moves to engage the fleet. They drop off the troops at Domino allowing them to move to assault Sunport and Celeste. The Assault on the two cities is renewed with massed artillery and infantry.

Meanwhile the army in the west hits the defenses at the Maid flow river. Casualties are high on both sides as the Terradorian army pushes over the river and moves to attack the various Castle towns in the Wald and the city of Blackmoon. It is now clear that more than sixty percent of Terradores forces are committed to the front lines.
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:24 pm

((The Elementals should have arrived at Sunport and Blackmoon by now. You have ten of these.))
Alvia Invasion - Page 2 1821415-battlearmor
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:40 pm

((Blackmoon yes Sunport is a bit cut off at the moment, seeing as how its completely surrounded.))
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:48 pm

The arrival of UNR Elementals to the fighting in the Wald has brought the enemy advance to a grinding halt. The brief respite allows Alvian forces in the region to regroup an launch a counter attack driving the Terradorian Army back across the Maid flow.

At the battle of Eagle's Bridge Allied forces are being pressed hard on the ground. The casualties are rising rapidly for all involved. In the skies however Allied fighters are at last gaining the upper hand allowing them to focus more attacks on the ground. The Terradorian advance is halted for the moment but the Allied line is shaky at best.

To the east, Alvian and Stjerne ships begin skirmishing with Terradorian ships just forty miles from Sunport. Fighters and long range bombers are opening the battle along with cruise missile strikes from both sides. Once again the Allies have the advantage in the air due to superior carrier forces. The advantage is threatened however as Terradorian land based fighters and bombers join the battle.

Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:22 pm

((It helps to have three metre tall badasses on your side, don't it?))
Back to top Go down
dirtytheseal
dirtytheseal

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Dopeswaggistan forces finally reach Eagle's bridge, and engage the Terradorian forces.

To the east, the sudden arrival of the Dope Fleet decisively tips the naval battle. The opening salvos of anti-ship missiles cripple or sink a third of the Terradorian fleet, and through shear experience, mass, quality, and weight of numbers the Terradorian navy ceases to be a factor in the remainder of the war.
Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Seeing the opportunity created by the arrival of the Dopeswaggistan forces the King orders a full attack. The right and left flanks suddenly swing in on the Terradorian lines while the center is reinforced with a massive surge of troops. Within seconds the Terradorian army is caught within the dreaded double envelopment.

At sea the United fleets of Alvia, Stjerne, and Dopeswaggistan strike at Terradore's forces from the rear and the coast pounding them with cruise missiles and bomber attacks. Stjerne marines pour onto the beaches driving the Terradorian forces back across the bridges they had built all of the way to Domino. The beleaguered defenders of Sunport and Celeste join the attack eager to reclaim lost ground.

To the west Allied forces, spear headed by UNR Elementals push the Terradorian forces back to the Shell flow and begin assaulting west castle. Across the front news is spreading the counter attack had begun and the enemy was now on the run.

Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:50 pm

Caught off guard by the sudden assault most Terradorian forces begin pulling back on all fronts. They flee towards the deserts, hoping to reach home and safety. The Mercenary forces surrender unwilling to fight to the death. The ESLF forces refuse to give ground many selling their lives as dearly as they can with suicidal last stands.

At the Eagle's bridge Terradorian forces fight to the death. No quarter is given and none asked for. Anyone attempting to surrender is shot.

In response to these reversals Terradore prepares to completely destroy all of its current enemies with unrestricted orbital bombardments and nuclear attacks.

Back to top Go down
Ranger24
The Wanky Ranger
The Wanky Ranger
Ranger24

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Terradorian Orbital Battle Station, Battle Station Dominus, in geosynchronous orbit above Cold Harbor, 6:55 P.M. Local Time.

The Battle Station Dominus was an intimidating weapon. A sizable station, not as large or as complex as those owned by the Soviets, but heavily armed. Rather than nuclear weapons or chemical weapons, the Dominus had three heavy coil guns capable of leveling a city in minutes. As it had done to Toriste.

These stations required a crew of about a hundred men to maintain and operate, most of whom were technicians and maintenance crew. It was cramped inside but space in space was a luxury. Considering the stations had been built by the lowest bidding firm it was miracle that they had any comforts at all.

Unbeknownst to any one aboard the Dominus however a predator had arrived in their neck of the woods. Hidden beneath layers of thermal shielding and radar resistant materials the jet black Stjerne built assault shuttles were silently coasting through the vacuum of space towards the station. Other shuttles were heading towards the other three Terradorian Orbital Battle Stations.

Aboard each shuttle were small elite teams of special forces soldiers: Alvian Rangers, Stjerne HAZARD Special Forces, Grustonian Supreme Commanders, and Dopeswaggistan Merchant Marine Militia Special Forces. Each shuttle only carried about a dozen soldiers each and only four were being assigned to assault each Battle Station. Every man was kitted out with an environmental suit and specially design gyrojet based pistols in concert with their own standard armament.

"One minute to dock," the team leader reported to his men aboard one of the assault shuttles.

Comm silent had been ordered and the cabin had been depressurized to help avoid detection. Still everyone knew how to read lips and could tell what he had said.

They checked their weapons in silence. No explosives had been allowed beyond small breaching charges and flash bangs. Anything more powerful might cause serious damage that could potentially kill or injury the insertion team.

Then with a dull thunk that reverberated through the hull the shuttle latched onto the Orbital Battle Station. Instantly a hard seal was applied before cutting lasers went to work boring through the hull of the Orbital Battle Station. Operation Galaxy was now live. Comms went live and the cabin quickly pressurized to prevent issues upon deployment. The insertion teams would only have seconds at best before the enemy realized what was happening and responded.

The hatch in the floor opened as with a swift kick the Team Leader kicked free the hull plating that had now become their entrance. Another man threw a flash bang through the hole and everyone turned away from the hole for a moment. The grenade exploded and a scream of pain was heard below before the insertion team dropped down onto the deck of the Orbital battle station. The Terradorian had been to cheap to spring for any form of artificer gravity but magnets in their boots aloud them to remain properly orientated. The Terradorian technician who had shouted was quickly cut down with precise fire.

"You know the targets," the team leader said as soon as everyone was aboard. "Search and destroy."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alvia Invasion   Alvia Invasion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alvia Invasion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next