Humans are Superior
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans are Superior

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:07 pm

>>//Time: April 23, 2015; 13:37 (Military Calendar)//<<
>>//Location: Somewhere over the Caribbean Sea//<<

The UH-1H "Huey" Helicopter thundered through the salty air of the Caribbean, startling many birds nearby with its roar. Its cargo of six people, including the pilot, was on its way towards an island a ways off the coast of Costa Rica. Four of the five occupants of the troop bay were chattering over the shortwave headsets, their conversation unheard by their security detail, known as Major Aleksandr Novogorske. The rest of the helicopter's passengers, barring the pilot, know the man as Alex Newton, a gun for hire.

Said soldier was currently sitting where the side gunner would be, the M60 machine gun removed so the VTOL could travel in public airspace without repercussions. The Major sat with his back to the passengers, left leg dangling freely from the aircraft. He held his Dragunov SVU with one hand, allowing it to rest while he attempted to think over the helmet-muffled thunder of the Huey's rotors. Whatever thoughts were loud enough were along the lines of 'the water is so sparkly,' 'oh, look at that cloud! It looks like a penis!' and 'fuck you, Rebecca Black! Thursday is best day!'

One particular seagull was flying away from the speeding craft before it was sucked into the blender, a few drops of blood splattering the Major. 'Die! Die my pretties!' was the prevailing thought, followed by the necessary music and a maniacal laugh, which happened to be drowned out by the helicopter blades above. Picking feathers from his uniform, the Major pulled himself up from his seated position using the boarding bars on the side of the hatch, and slid the door shut. He took the couple of steps into the cockpit and plopped down into the co-pilot's chair.

"Newton" pulled his balaclava from his pale and lightly scarred face, plugging an opened canteen into his mouth. Sighing in relief, he put the canteen away and looked over to the pilot. "Hey, Funky-town," he all but shouted to be heard. One Alex slightly turned his own gas-masked head to look at the other Alex in acknowledgement before returning his attention to the controls.

The Major fiddled around a bit before removing his helmet and putting a headset in its place, tuning into the argument on the channel. When a lull in the conversation appeared, he looked back over to Funk. "So," he began, "are we there yet?"

((OOC: Your short OOC messages look like this. This is how all of your posts should look, and of the same grammatical quality. Try to have at least two four sentence paragraphs per post, and follow the basic rules of RP. Thank you.))
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 am

"I swear to fucking god, if you ask ONE more time, I'll strangle you with your own intestines!"

Andrew Chrome was not one for listening to tedious questions, let alone the same question 89 times in one day (Yes, he counted). Normally, the smell of early morning dew would calm him down (A feat very hard to accomplish), but this particular morning all he could smell was fish and one mercenary who desperately needed a bath.

From the moment that they departed, he couldn't help but feel that he'd forgotten something back home. He checked his equipment once again, just to be sure. Camera? Check. Laptop? Check. Katanas? Check. Heavy sedative darts? Check. Sedative pills? Check.

Yes, everything was in order, but that constant feeling that he had forgotten something very important wouldn't leave him alone. This was every paleonthologist's dream! An island full of real live dinosaurs! So why, o why, o why, wouldn't his goddamn subconscious leave him alone?!

((OOC: The heavy sedative darts are for parilyzing dinosaurs and killing them without major damage, so he can bring them back for research purposes. The sedative pills are fo himself, in case he gets too angry))
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:26 pm

"So Andrew would you care to explain what we will be doing at this Island?"

Kelly raises a camcorder and points it at the Paleontologist.

((OOC: that good?
Back to top Go down
https://nshas.forumotion.com
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:40 pm

((OOC: Nope, that's great for a live RP, but this is practically a story in of itself. Sorry. Also, I'm waiting until Da Funk does his post.))
Back to top Go down
General_Alex
General_Alex

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:46 pm

"we are approximately 15 minutes out from isla sorna" he replied in a calm and controlled voice.

In the distance a small green shape was slowly becoming larger and larger. Alexanders hands held the controls loosely, carefully adjusting the aircraft to keep it level against the wind. While most aboard would find the loud chopping of the rotors annoying, Alexander was perfectly content with the sound they made and found it relaxing.

"This is nice flying" he said to the major, "a calm day and nothing but the sound of the sea and the quiet chopping of the aircraft, ill be legitimately sad when we have to land, speaking of which you should probably go see if the other are ready"

The Huey was close enough to the island now to make out the peaks and mountains that gave it its menacing shape.

Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:47 pm

One of the group, a Mexican-American by the name Juan Miguel, was silently watching the others, his pencil scratching away in his notebook as he shaded a sketch. The young man was slightly annoyed that there weren't any women among the group, and so he'd resorted to drawing his teammates as females. He giggled slightly as he drew them all having a pillow fight. His lips curled into a smile beneath his bandana, and he couldn't help but hum a few bars of El Jarabe Tapatio (The Mexican Hat Dance). Not that he could be heard over the helicopter blades.

He continued drawing, making sure that all of the feminized versions were proportional to what he imagined in his head. His boot idly tapped on the floor, keeping time with his humming. He felt his AK-47 sway slightly on it's strap, which reminded him that he should be careful with his drawing, lest it be ruined by turbulence. At that moment, fate decided to be a dick and a bump sent his notebook flying into the lap of one of his teammates.

"Fuck!"
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:59 pm

"This is nice flying," the Pilot said to the Major, who nodded in appreciation of the clear skies, the near-burning salt of the sea breeze and the occasional death of bird by rotors. "A calm day and nothing but the sound of the sea and the quiet chopping of the aircraft. I'll be legitimately sad when we have to land." One Alex turned to the other, "Speaking of which you should probably go see if the other are ready."

The Major nodded and pulled his mask and helmet back on while climbing out of his seat. He sort of walked to the hatch, pushed it open and stepped out into the rest of the metal bird. The chopper lurched to the side as Funk banked somewhat, and Aleks watched a notebook fly from one man's hands into the lap of another. That particular other was an albino called Chrome, who then picked up the book just before Juan could grab it.
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:07 pm

The_Boss wrote:
One of the group, a Mexican-American by the name Juan Miguel, was silently watching the others, his pencil scratching away in his notebook as he shaded a sketch. The young man was slightly annoyed that there weren't any women among the group, and so he'd resorted to drawing his teammates as females. He giggled slightly as he drew them all having a pillow fight. His lips curled into a smile beneath his bandana, and he couldn't help but hum a few bars of El Jarabe Tapatio (The Mexican Hat Dance). Not that he could be heard over the helicopter blades.

He continued drawing, making sure that all of the feminized versions were proportional to what he imagined in his head. His boot idly tapped on the floor, keeping time with his humming. He felt his AK-47 sway slightly on it's strap, which reminded him that he should be careful with his drawing, lest it be ruined by turbulence. At that moment, fate decided to be a dick and a bump sent his notebook flying into the lap of one of his teammates.

"Fuck!"

Andrew slowly picked up Juan's drawing, staring at it with disbilief apparent in his eyes.
"Don't come to my tent at night" He said coldly. While he didn't have anything against homosexuals, bisexuals or asexuals. He certainly didn't want to be the victim of a demented gender-bent bent mexican.
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Fleet Admiral Chrome wrote:
The_Boss wrote:

"Fuck!"

Andrew slowly picked up Juan's drawing, staring at it with disbilief apparent in his eyes.
"Don't come to my tent at night" He said coldly. While he didn't have anything against homosexuals, bisexuals or asexuals. He certainly didn't want to be the victim of a demented gender-bent bent mexican.

Juan took back his notebook and stuffed it into his backpack, then leaned back in his chair. "You're just angry cause you had the smallest breasts." He replied with a shit eating grin, though it was hidden by his bandana.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:06 pm

Kelly pulls out his pistol and checks it over making sure its clean

"What is this about smallest breast?"
Back to top Go down
General_Alex
General_Alex

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:32 pm

"everyone 5 minutes until we reach the island" Alex said over the headsets.

"make sure all your gear is ready to go, because once your out im going into a holding pattern to provide overhead recon" he continued.

"By the way major, where do you want me to drop you guys off" He spoke on the majors private channel.
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Juan looked at the man with the camcorder for a moment before chuckling. "Nothing, hermano. Just doing a little drawing is all." The young man pulled the bolt back on his rifle and a bullet slipped into the chamber, he did the same with his handgun. From his pocket he pulled a pack of gum and popped a piece into his mouth. "So, dinosaurs... This should be good, si?"
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:03 pm

The Major listened to the exchange between everyone in the chopper, including the part about Mr. Chrome's tiny breasts. He laughed a little at that, and said, "If you're gonna draw me as a chick, you'd better damn well show me what I look like," to which Juan politely declined with a "Fuck you, asshole," and a salute of one digit.

Novogorske laughed, his hand resting on the HK45c in its hip rig, ready to move at a moment's notice. "¿Podrías repetir eso, por favor? No creo entendí." His accent replaced the 's' sound with a 'th.'

Before Juan could reply, the pilot called out over the radio, "Alright, everyone, five minutes until we reach the island. Make sure all your gear is ready to go, because once you're out, I'm going into a holding pattern to provide overhead recon."

The Major backed off slightly and did a quick check of his things. A buzz popped into his ears through the helmet's radio, and Funk spoke. "By the way, Major, where do you want me to drop you guys off?"

He went into the cockpit and pulled a map out of his pocket, straightening out over the chopper's console, much to its pilot's annoyance. "Set down right about here," his finger pointed at where the island's facility was, "but don't actually touch ground. Just hover about five feet, and pop out."

Alex looked confused, even through his mask. "But, aren't the big things supposed to be further in-land?"

Aleks shook his head, "Not really, but good question. The herbivores would be around midway between the coast and the facility, so the big carnies like Tyrannosaurus would fit them right inside their territory and give them less room to move around, since they'd have more space along the coast to run away.

"And how do you know all this?"

Newton shrugged, "Basic predatory behavior and herding. Hunters and ranchers learn this stuff early."
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:12 pm

((OC: "si" means "if", "sí" means "yes". Watch out for the accent mark))

"It should, assuming you can keep personal space distance between you and them" said Andrew. He'd be damned if this were to turn into the new Jurassic Park movie. There was a difference between the protagonists of the JP movies and this team: This team wasn't fuckin retarded.
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:24 pm

((OOC: Way too short and meta for the RP, mate. Kelly needs to work on his post length, too, as does the rest of the group. Also, sorry if I seem like a hardass in these OOCs. I'm just a professional when it comes to forum-based RPs.))
Back to top Go down
General_Alex
General_Alex

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm

"well if you say so then" Alex replied to the major.

Suddenly a voice in English came over the radio

"attention unidentified aircraft, you are entering a quarantined area, please adjust your course 45 degrees to the north and avoid the quarantine area" said the man on the other end of the radio

"hey major" Funk said "we got a message coming in about the quarantine, they are ordering us to divert course around the island" Alex then grabbed the transmitter and prepared to respond before he looked back to the major

"didn't the coasta rican government give us some kind of message so we could break the quarantine, because if they did I think we should use it now"

The island was now only a few hundred meters from the helicopter and Alex could see some of the old structures that were once part of the dock. They were all covered in plants and most if not all of the wooden structures were rotting away. Even the concrete posts of the dock had begun to erode and most of the metal was rusted from the spray of the ocean. An old electric sign that had long gone unused had fallen from its supports and was half submerged below the water but Alex could still tell what it said

"Ingen" he quietly muttered to himself before turning his attention back to the major

"they need a response now, what should I tell them"

Last edited by General_Alex on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Im done goodbye
Back to top Go down
General_Alex
General_Alex

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:45 pm

((OOC: Suddenly kellys character fell out of the helicopter and died Smile))))
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Templar your in charge
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Andrew watches as Mr. Walker hangs his legs over the ocean, with his hands crossed over his chest.

"Hey look ma! No hands!" he says.

"I would advice against that" Said Andrew, both concerned for his well being, and mad that he would attempt something so stupid.

"I'll do whatever I want, Mr stick up his ass!" Andrew watches as Walker stands up, grabs the roof of the helicopter and starts thrusting himself in and ou of the heli.

"I'm not your mother, but I'm also not gonna be your gravedigger, so get back in before you hurt yourself."

To further fluser Andrew, Kelly Walker stuck his left foot out of the heli, and raised his fist to do a fist-waving motion. What he didn't expect was the helicopter's rotor blade t chop his hand off. The team watched as his surprise and pain made him release the grip he had on the helicopter, and fall to his death.

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! WE HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED AND WE'VE ALREADY LOST ONE MAN!"
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Juan stood up and looked out the door to the island, if it wasn't crawling with deadly dinosaurs it might actually have looked beautiful if it weren't for the destroyed structures in the distance. He felt compelled to grab his notebook, but surpressed the urge. Far off in the distance, he thought he could see large beasts that stood above the trees. He could swear he saw them munching away at the trees.

"Newton, what you make of those?!" He shouted over the chopping helicopter blades. "Am I just seeing things, or are those real?" Before he got an answer, however, Kelly fell out of the helicopter. "Shit! There goes the reporter!"
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:17 pm

((OOC: Could I do a second character? Since the reporter is dead and stuff?))
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:26 pm

"Gimme that," Aleks said, grabbing the radio. "Hello, friendlies! This is Hotel-Alpha-Sierra dash double oh-one, those guys you're waiting for. We have access to this area, authorization code Zulu-one-niner-five-Oscar-tree-six, over," the radio buzzed a bit, and the reply came.

>/"Copy that, HAS-001, please hold,"/< the line went silent for a moment while they waited, a commotion going on in the back. >/"Alright, you are cleared for landing. Where is your intended LZ?"/<

"Over in the old facility, could ya meet us there?"

"Newton, what do you make of those?!" Juan shouted over the chopper blades, "Am I just seeing things, or are those real? Shit! There goes the reporter!"

Another man yelled, "GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! WE HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED AND WE'VE ALREADY LOST ONE MAN!" his caps lock causing interference with the transmitter.

The Major shook his helmeted head, "Goddammit, why can't I ever have a normal team?" he turned on the radio again after they had replied, "Thanks, boys, we'll take it from here, HAS out. Take us down, Funky-town." the pilot grumbled about his nickname, and lowered altitude to the clearing.

"Alright, ladies, this is how it goes!" the Major shouted to the ground team. "Firstly, we are going to stick together! That means nobody strays from the others, and we'll be okay. Secondly, don't touch anything! you never know what might get mad if we touch their shit, got me?" Everyone nodded, "Good. First order of business is we're going to recover that reporter's body, and bring it back. We'll need that camera to carry out our objective anyway, and we'll wing it from there!

After that, the helo hovered a few feet off the ground in front of a ruined building, Novogorske hopping out first, landing squarely on his feet. He scanned the area, motioning for everyone else to jump once he finished.

((OOC: Sure, you could use one of the friendlies when we meet up with them inside the building.))
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 pm

"Come on guys! You wanna live for ever!?" Juan leaped from the helicopter with a wild cry, he took a knee and shouldered his rifle. He too scanned the area, his eyes wide with excitement and adrenaline, they didn't call him 'El Loco' for nothing. "I'll get the reporter's body, but I call dibs on whatever he's got on him! Minus the camera of course."
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:25 pm

"Hold up!" said Andrew "This particular area is scarce on vegetation, which means there should be plenty carnivores. Whatever you do, avoid them at all costs. Only open fire if they notice you, got it? And take this map with you."

Andrew threw him a folded map of Isla Sorna. Then he took the cigarette out of his mouth and puffed a tuft of smoke, dropping it into the floor.

"Any dinosaur with a soft hide should be easy to kill, but most of those are hervibores. If you find any hervibores or soft hided carnivores kill them and bring them to me, one or two bullets to the head should be all it takes."

((OOC:RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors 630px-Isla_Sorna_Trespasser)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors   RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP - Isla Sorna: Island of Horrors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next