Humans are Superior
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans are Superior

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors

Go down 
+2
Navy Admiral Chrome
Kelly
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors Empty
PostSubject: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 am

Each player will have control of a character (Usually either a scientist, journalist or hired gun, but other occupations are fine if they make sense with the plot) that will interact with the hostile environment as well as with the rest of the players. You can also control what goes on in the environment to an extent, like saying you happen upon a dinosaur or pack of dinosaurs is fine, but you can't say something along the line of claiming that a velociraptor jumps on so and so's back and kills him, that kind of stuff is against the basic rules of role-play and just ruins the fun for everyone else. The only time someone may be killed off against their own will is if the group collectively wants to boot the player for bad attitude, lack of participation, not following basic rules of RPing, etc. Keep in mind a realistic idea of your character's strength and endurance when choosing equipment and if you're carrying several firearms think about a mobile case in which you might keep them all. We're going by the novel's canon for the most part, so the events of JP3 have not actually happened but there are Pteranodons and Spinosaurs on the island. Once we get around 5 players (Myself and 4 others) I'll probably make the IC thread.

Plot: 10 years after the secret evacuation of Isla Sorna, the Costa Rican governement has of yet to make a decision on what to do with the quarantined island. People who are unaware of the possible dangers on the island have began disregarding the quarantine, landing on the beaches to enjoy the sun and surf. To ensure civilian safety, a 4-month long expidition to the island has been funded by the Costa Rican government to inspect the island and discover what species of dinosaur -if any- have survived to this day and if they have survived study the stability and safety of the island's ecosystem. The selected individuals who are joining were hand picked by the government due to their prowess in their individual fields. After studying aerial photography of the island and listening to reports of several survivors from the island it was confirmed that the laboratory was still structurally intact and was suggested as the base of operations for the team.

NOTE: Everyone will have standard packs that the Costa Rican government has supplied to them. This pack includes a map of the island, a flashlight with two extra batteries, a water canteen, a compass, binoculars, a bedroll, a "Huntsman" Swiss army knife, a walkie talkie to stay in contact with the group, and five days worth of trail rations. A helicopter will arrive every now and then to resupply the group with food, batteries and ammunition if needed. There will also be a radio to contact the mainland when necessary, Necessary medical supplies (Bandages, Antibiotics, Morphine, Splints and what have you) for inevitable injuries, one hundred yards of rope for possible climbing missions, and a backup generator that can be hooked up to the lab to give us power again. We will be riding in a Bell HH-1N Twin Huey Military Helicopter owned by the security contractors employing the group's military. It's armed with 70mm Rocket pods, a GAU-16 .50 Cal Machine Gun, and an M240 7.62mm Lightweight Machine Gun.

Map:
Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors Isla_sorna_557

Code:
Name of Character:
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Ethnicity:
Appearance:
Personality:
Extra Equipment:
Short Bio:

Dinosaur Species

Last edited by Kelly on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://nshas.forumotion.com
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:55 am

Here's my own character:
Name of character: Kelly Walker
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair: Longish/Unkempt
Eyes: Brown
Ethnicity: White (American)
Appearance:Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors Jungle+Attire+2
Just the Clothes

Personality: Sarcastic, Curious, Laid Back, Joking, Blunt,

Extra Equipment: Handheld Recorder, .40 Smith & Wesson, 2 Spare clips for the Pistol, A lighter, and a Laser Pointer

Short Bio: *Redacted*
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Application   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:24 am

Name of Character: Andrew Chrome
Height: 5.11 ft
Weight: 147.7 pnds
Hair: White
Eyes: Red
Ethnicity: Albino
Appearance:
Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors Dark
Personality: "Snarkastic", diagnosed with IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder), gets extremely angry at the prospect of misandry and/or misogyny (But mostly misandry).
Extra Equipment: His trusty ōdachi Katanas
Short Bio: Diagnosed with Albinism, Andrew was bullied when he first entered school. Eventually he stood up for himself and hospitalized his bully in a fit of rage, it was then that he was diagnosed with IED.

Last edited by Chrome on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot two fields, sry.)
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:29 am

Name of Character: Juan 'El Loco' Miguel
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 206 Lbs.
Hair: Black
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Appearance:
Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors Pirate_Assaulter
Personality: Most of the time he's quiet, unless spoken too. He rarely raises his voice.
Extra Equipment: Notebook, pen, pencils, juicy fruit gum, Colt 1911 Handgun, AK-47, munitions, and a harmonica
Short Bio: Born in El Paso, he grew up in a large family. When he was seventeen, he faked his birth records and enlisted in the army. When he was discovered, he was discharged. At eighteen he turned to crime, stealing cars and robbing stores. He was taken under the wing of a social worker and began using writing as an outlet for his aggression. He became calm, and was preparing to get his life on track. Then, he was approached by a company that needed men with his skill set. All of his bottled up aggression came out on the battlefield, and he wound up earning the title 'El Loco'. At nineteen, he was assigned to accompany an expedition into Isla Sorna.
Back to top Go down
General_Alex
General_Alex

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:22 am

Name of Character: Alexander Funk
Height:6'2"
Weight:240 lbs
Hair: short, dark black
Eyes: hazel
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Appearance:
Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors Usnpilot1950-01
Personality: Happy and kind but also deadly serious when things get bad.
Extra Equipment: M16 rifle, Glock 17
Short Bio: Got his pilots license as early as he could in life and flew in the military for 7 years before he retired to the commercial sector. However he found this not exciting enough to keep his interest and he is now a black market pilot-for-hire. He knows some basic survival skills and is a expert tracker. His favorite aircraft is the Huey.
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:35 am

Name of Character: Aleksandr Novogorske (AKA - Alex Newton)

Height: 1.93 metres

Weight: 113.62 kilograms

Hair: dark brown, cropped to three centimetres

Eyes: hazel

Ethnicity: Caucasian, Russian, European Spanish, New Yorker

Appearance: olive BDUs, black IOTV and flak padding, PALS combat webbing, ALICE pack, black Enhanced Combat Helmet, black balaclava, reflective combat goggles

Personality: Well, it's a little bit like this: Twisted Evil bounce drunken Sleep study elephant 

Extra Equipment: AKS-74/M with RMR red dot reflex, twenty 30 round FMJ magazines; SVUK with sound suppressor, twelve 15 round extended magazines; HK45C with sound suppressor, laser sight module, twenty 12 round magazines; KA-BAR 35cm tactical knife; weapon cleaning kit; eight MREs of varying meals; standard mess kit; water purification tablets; two water canteens; field-class medical kit; field operations bedroll

Short Bio: Aleks served in the military for six years before refreshing his enlistment as a combat controller in October, 2014. He was assigned as OpSec for a government funded investigation of dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Mister Faustin
Proselyte
Proselyte
Mister Faustin

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Name of character: The Director

Appearance:
Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors Film-director

Ethnicity: White (Scottish)

Personality: He's a psychotic film director with a gentlemanly personality. He's also evil.

Extra Equipment: Film Camera, Automatic Pistol, pocket knife, lighter.

Short Bio: Born in Scotland, all he ever wanted to do was to make movies. People mocked him though for his size, and he swore he would get revenge on them. Oh boy he did. He is wanted by every government in the world kidnapping people and placing him in his insane "movies." He wasn't picked by the Costa Rican government to go to the Island, he came there himself to use the people they did pick as his actors and the dinosaurs as his monsters.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:44 pm

We can wait for more apps or start. It's up to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Kelly wrote:
We can wait for more apps or start. It's up to you guys.
Start
Back to top Go down
Mister Faustin
Proselyte
Proselyte
Mister Faustin

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm

We can start.
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 pm

We could start.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Alright since alex is the pilot I want him to start it
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:04 pm

*patiently awaits for the other Alex to do his schtick*

Also, Aleksandr Novogorske would literally translate into Alex Newton/Newburg/Newville, which is why I put Newton there.
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:49 am

*looks at watch* So... Anyone got any jokes?
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:54 am

The_Boss wrote:
*looks at watch* So... Anyone got any jokes?

Two misanthropes walk into a bar and order one martini each. The bartender poisons their drinks and they die instantly.

It's funny because the misanthropes die.
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:40 am

Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors 658781109004881582
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 am

....If one of you guys want to start instead go ahead.
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:19 pm

A xeno, a misanthrope, and heretic are all in a car, who's driving?
Back to top Go down
Terminal
Lord Marshall
Lord Marshall
Terminal

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:29 pm

The suicide bomber who'll gladly give his life for the Imperium.
Back to top Go down
The_Boss
Proselyte
Proselyte
The_Boss

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:51 pm

You've heard this one before, haven't you?
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:29 am

So I guess im going to have to start?
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am

Go ahead

please.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:12 am

Current Location:
Costa Rica Heli Base

*I walk around looking for the helicopter pads*
Back to top Go down
Navy Admiral Chrome
Navy Admiral Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 4:31 am

Wouldn't it be easier to open up a chat room and do live RP?
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Lord General
Lord General
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 am

No people arent all on at the same time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors   Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isla Sorna: An Island of horrors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next